Legal Separation Attorney in Celebration

Is there legal separation in Florida?

Some may tell you that there is no such thing as legal separation in Florida, but this is not exactly true. Although there are no specific laws for “legal separation,” there are laws that allow for spousal support and child support outside of divorce. 2012 Fl. Stat. ยง 61.09, titled “Alimony and child support unconnected with dissolution,” allows a spouse and / or parent to approach the court and request a support order when the other spouse or parent is not upholding their obligation to support their spouse and /or children. One of the most common causes for support orders unconnected with divorce is the legal separation of two spouses. If you have any questions, contact our Osceola County divorce lawyers.

Understanding Legal Separation in Florida

In general, legal separation is when two spouses are legally granted the right to live separate lives, with separate residences and financial accounts, while still maintaining the legal and financial benefits of a marriage agreement. Florida does not expressly address such separation in its laws. Even so, two spouses may decide to move apart and live separately without ending their marriage. In such cases, alimony and child support can be requested by one spouse if they can prove that the other spouse is not upholding their obligation to continue with financial support.

Consult with a Celebration Divorce Lawyer

Celebration Law, PA can provide quality counsel for any family law matter you may be facing. If you are looking to fight for alimony or child support in a case of legal separation, we know your rights and can help you build a strong case. Our partners sit down with each new client and review their options with them through a free case evaluation. You have nothing to lose by speaking with a Celebration lawyer from our firm, so don’t wait! Contact us right away to set up your complimentary consultation.

Contact Us Today

Widerman Malek Celebration Law Office
506 Celebration Avenue
Celebration, FL 34747.
Phone: (407) 566-0001

Widerman Malek, PL
1990 West New Haven Ave. Suite 201
Melbourne, FL 32904
Phone: (321) 255-2332
Fax: (321) 255-2351
Toll Free: (877) 868-7239

the florida bar

Send Us A Message

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.